Travel through hardships


“Life is sometimes hard. There are challenges. There are difficulties. There is pain. As a younger man, I sought to avoid pain and difficulty and only caused myself more of the same. These days, I choose to face life head on - and I have become a comet. I arc across the sky of my life and the hard times are the friction that shaves off the worn and tired bits. The more I travel head on, the more I am shaped, and the things that no longer work or are unnecessary drop away. It's a good way to travel. I believe eventually I will wear away all resistance, until all that is left of me is light.” ~Richard Wagamese from his book Embers (2016 p.133).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The young child caring for the adult

40-day Self Care Challenge

Episode 1 - Journey into Healing Interview